Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Video Projection Mapping on Watermelon Mountain! Making geometric screens.

Here is the latest project I've worked on. I guess folding paper rabbits lead me to bigger mountains! (Go back a few posts to see my "Levitated Rabbit" sculpture.) This entire concept was originated from my piece for the "We are this city" campaign here in Albuquerque where I created a smaller  geometric wall piece depicting the Sandia Mountains and the city I grew up in! Burque.  For this project we were tasked with fabricating a large representation of the Albuquerque skyline and Sandia Mountains to help sell a new surveying and topographical mapping drone. The final result will be a video projection that replicates the drones "scanning" features for those working in the surveying industry.  I want to Thank Joel Davis Sculpture who worked with me in getting this built and installed as well as Nathanial Gutierrez and Phillip Torres for the final animations. Im as exited as ever to start playing around with my own video projection mapping animations too and will share those as soon as I do. THXC












No comments:

Post a Comment